There may be affiliate links in this post, but they have no impact on my writing. All opinions are my own.
This is an award winning chili recipe that is delicious to make for the family at least once every chili season. The chili cook-off that I entered was held my last office job, and this was the winner (I was so proud!)
I originally found the recipe on Allrecipes, but have made it my own over the years with different spices and salsa that gives the chili a spicy & sweet kick. I usually make a double batch because it goes quickly and is perfect to freeze a few portions for later. See recipe below for the double recipe ingredients and directions.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 packets taco seasoning (we like hot & spicy!)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 2 jars chipotle pineapple salsa (if you can’t find chipotle salsa with pineapple, you can get a small can of diced pineapples to add in)
- 2 cans french onion soup
- 1 bag frozen corn
- cornbread or corn chips
- Brown meat, drain, return to stove and simmer with 1 1/3 cup water and taco seasoning over medium/low heat 4-5 minutes
- Combine taco meat, garlic, kidney beans, salsa, soup, and thawed corn in slow cooker.
- Cook on High 3-4 hours, or Low 5-6 hours.
- Serve with cornbread or corn chips.
Read Related: Cherry BBQ Chicken Cornbread Casserole
Recommended for Smoky Chipotle Chili