There may be affiliate links in this post, but they have no impact on my writing. All opinions are my own.
I was recently given an opportunity to sample and review BRIANNAS Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing with one of my recipes. Let me tell you, this dressing made my dish complete!
I first poured the dressing in a salsa dish and set it out as an appetizer (next to my favorite spicy salsa) and served it with tortilla chips . The creamy cilantro lime dressing cooled my palate between bites of the spicy stuff, it was a delicious combo!
The burrito recipe I created requires minimal prep & is easy cooking, but the specialty dressing really gives the dish restaurant-quality taste at my own dinner table. You could even make this without tortilla shells and have a burrito bowl.
I usually cook Mexican dishes extra spicy, but this dish is not spicy so almost anyone can enjoy it…my 1 year old daughter loved it! If you enjoy spicy food, you can always add hot pepper flakes to the chicken (and the creamy cilantro lime dressing is great to even-out the spice). See recipe below.
Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice Burrito
- cooking spray
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper to taste (I use Black Pepper Seasoning Salt)
- Long grain & wild rice (I use an express cook packet)
- 1 lime (or 2 TBS lime juice)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- corn & peppers (frozen or canned)
- creamy cilantro lime dressing
- tortilla shells
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and preheat on the stove top under med/high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Turn down stove top to medium heat and cook each side of chicken for 4-5 minutes. Place pan with chicken in the over for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Let the chicken rest 4-5 minutes before slicing.
- Cook rice as directed on package. (The express cook packet only takes 90 seconds!) Pour cooked rice in mixing bowl, stir-in juice from 1 lime and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Heat up corn and peppers as directed on package. (The frozen bags take about 5 minutes in the microwave.) Once cooked, mix with 1/4 cup creamy cilantro lime dressing.
- Warm tortilla shells in microwave for 15-20 seconds. Assemble burritos with a layer of rice, chicken, corn & peppers, and a drizzle of cilantro lime dressing (shredded cheese optional). You could even make this without tortilla shells and have a burrito bowl.
Visit BRIANNAS Fine Salad Dressings Website and like their Facebook page
Recommended for Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice Burrito: