There may be affiliate links in this post, but they have no impact on my writing. All opinions are my own.
Shredded chicken is covered in a sweet and spicy cherry BBQ sauce, then topped with a hearty honey cornbread that makes this a delicious family favorite in my home! It’s perfect for a weekend game day dinner or makes for an easy weeknight casserole.
Recipe Featured in: 1 Week of Shredded Chicken Recipes
Cherry BBQ Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- 4 cups shredded chicken (see how to prepare shredded chicken HERE)
- 1 jar Cherry Republic Spicy Cherry BBQ Sauce
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Stir the shredded chicken and BBQ sauce in a mixing bowl, then spread over bottom of casserole dish.
- In separate mixing bowl, stir the corn muffin mix, creamed corn, egg, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour corn mixture over shredded chicken in the casserole dish, spreading evenly. Drizzle honey over top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until top is golden brown and the cornbread doesn’t jiggle.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, and enjoy! Drizzle extra honey over your piece for some extra sweetness.
Recommended for Cherry BBQ Chicken Cornbread Casserole: